Title pic is from my makeup run in Boston on Saturday.
Finished Don’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. I alternated between being mad at him for being so arrogant, at being afraid I couldn’t be as hardcore as he is, and thinking how much I agree with a lot of what he says. I’m going to start using two of his tools, an after activity report to analyze last week and I’m going to make a list of my own cookie jar – things I can be proud of that I’ve done throughout my life to use when things get tough.
Week 6 AAR
- Beat my 5k by 1:30 with new record of 28:08 with 08:46 pace, avg HR 158/max 169.
- I can comfortably run in zone 2 now and keep my HR under 118. In fact, I’m having to work at keeping my HR up in Z3 when I need to now
- I conquered my fear of scuba and have done well in class – only 2 more to go. Did all the homework over the weekends and spent 6 hours in class after work
- I got a note from my CEO Friday night saying what I great job I did talking to our new, largest customer as we opened the new Operations Center I run. This is a pic of me giving a tour of it
- Did more than I ever have with bench press since surgery pressing 3@105lb
- Did the most pullups in 18 yrs with 4 in a row (building up 1 more a week with shoulder coming back)
- Went to see my skeletal cleaner to help me with my lower back and overall issues
- Hit new low weight of 138.4 lbs and consistently stayed under 140 lb
Not so good
- Missed two days of workouts because I was tired and worked late and chose sleep – although ultimately I didn’t do a good job with that either. Made up aerobics on weekend but missed two crossfit classes and a strength day – which are important to me.
- Am not doing a good job meditating daily
- Did not do max squat because of fears for my rickety lower back
- Although I have been doing a lot of mobility, I have to do it every day
- Missed my PT appointment
- Cheated on eating and had some limoncello and a few stress eating chocolates at work
What to do differently
- I have to get 7 hours sleep – I am not rested when I wake up. In bed by 9:30 – no playing on phone if I wake up except to put on music.
- Move aerobic workouts during the week to the morning – instead of wasting time watching stupid videos, do the workout and get it out of the way. Wake up at 5am to do this.
- Add 5 min meditation in am and consistent daily 10 min stretching
- If back doesn’t improve, need to make appt with Dr. Caddoo
- Create Good ab routine
- Drink 2 glasses of water when I wake up
What I need help with
- Am I not eating enough anymore? Am not losing that much weight so was keeping at RP base level even if doing 2 hour + workouts a day
- Mobility routine – not sure mine is right. I have to improve this this year a lot. I don’t accept my times have to be slower with age when my mobility is such an issue.
- Good ab routine
Mostly clean eating, honest reporting and feeling a little down but definitely not out!!!