I am looking out my office window at a blooming magnolia with my cat getting ready to do a few ROMWODs and then go out for a long run. I am grateful for:
- Being healthy and able to work and play
- Having learned so much this last year
- Finding a coach who has helped me learn value of Heart rate training
- Leadership of my team at work – paying attention to people, recognizing more when they are out in the field, helping more
- How to climb a rope
- How to run uphill – conquered Nashoba after a crushing week of not making it and then learning some skills. Revisiting again how mentally tough (or not) I am – at least the second time I went and was determined to try to make it.
- Running skills
- Recovering my shoulder
- Being OK with postponing some strength while I fix some core issues and finding someone to help me with lower back pain/posture/root cause
- Being able to change habits and acknowledge weaknesses to strategize around them
- How to ride a bicycle
- Wading my way thru apps and gadgets to find out the best way to track training
- My husband, who listens to me saying the same things over and over and always telling me I can do anything I set my mind to, supporting me when I’m in time out, and who takes care of me
- Looking forward to applying what I’ve learned athletically to my music – adding variability (and per W. Marsalis, mimicking color and people and feelings)
- My job and manager – there is trust there that I appreciate and I hope integrity
- New Orleans – went to French Quarter Fest although was a little lonely by myself in a huge crowd. Found some dancers, listened to music, ate some wonderful breakfasts at Envie, did yoga at the Cabildo, found an awesome gym and continued all my training and PT while on the road
Am trying to not take everything so seriously yet be disciplined and humble. To be OK with what I can do and to be OK if I mess up once in a while whether it be diet, missing a workout, making a mistake at home or work…
Keep the faith,
Ben Bergeron had a great podcast on getting along with others and a section of empathy with sympathy … Chasing Excellence episode #63.
One thought on “gratitude”
You continue to inspire me Laura.