My worst week to-date.
Felt beat up – hurt knee from Sunday (because I just had to try the sprint in Zwift and hurt it cycling so hard), hurt quad from the week before (during interval sprints) and lower back pain making me hate to wake up and put my socks on in the morning.
Fantasized about food – eating questo dip and chips (my favorite), broke down and stress ate chocolate at work, was starving all the time (it was the VORTEX and freezing…) and totally sick of all my planned food I’ve been eating for over a year now.
Scuba class M and W had me leaving work early and not getting home until 10pm and having to study in advance a few hours a class. I did pass though in advance of my diving vacation in Bonaire end of Feb.
Work is work – an unending stream of craziness day to day and I’m three people down so we are all just trying to cover and spend some time screening/interviewing folks.
I needed a break or something to shake it up a little bit.
For weeks before, I was singing at the top of my lungs on the bicycle all alone in the basement, happily doing 2-3 hr workouts at night going late when I needed to, and happy all day at work. Last week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I missed two workouts (a run and a bike and my weight workouts) during the week but went back to getting in the crossfit workouts at the gym (it wasn’t all bad!). I had the queso and chips and enchilades verdes Friday night and Saturday (which might be the reason along with all the water I’m trying to drink, to my 3 lb weight gain over the weekend).
Based on my AAR last week, here’s what went well and what I wanted to different and how it went:
- Super happy to get back to crossfit classes (my car was in the shop week before so a few days got screwed up when it spent more time then planned there)
- Am doing 5 pullups in a row – best in 15+ years
- Cleaned 75#
- Started drinking more water
- Spent a bunch of time on yoga and extra stretching Sunday – felt pretty good after the 6.7 mile run and 20 mile bike
- Finished scuba class
What I planned to do differently and how it went
- I have to get 7 hours sleep – I am not rested when I wake up. In bed by 9:30 – no playing on phone if I wake up except to put on music. BETTER
- Move aerobic workouts during the week to the morning – instead of wasting time watching stupid videos, do the workout and get it out of the way. Wake up at 5am to do this. – NOT DONE YET BUT WILL follow plan with 3 long workouts in evening and see how it goes this week
- Add 5 min meditation in am and consistent daily 10 min stretching – STRETCHING YES, DAILY MEDITATION NOT YET
- If back doesn’t improve, need to make appt with Dr. Caddoo – IN PROCESS
- Create Good ab routine – added planks to mobility workout
- Drink 2 glasses of water when I wake up – adding more in at night
Don’t count me out yet! Just found a few new friends to talk to about things and remembering the very late evening 2 weeks ago I ran my best 5k all alone in the cold night when I did not want to go, which made me prouder of anything else I’d done to date 🙂
Gotta get back to clean eating (limoncello is giving me hot flashes at night), and honest reporting,