Challenging weather – or PERFECT weather as David Goggins would say! HOT HOT HOT and humid!
Fri night interval training: after setting PR for mile run in 7:48 min (best by 6 sec), could barely finish the next and was pretty slow on the last but solid effort! Two flies in the mouth.
Sat bike: Biked 42 miles – furthest ever (my tracking got messed up as I forgot to restart once en route) with Teresa Kimberley here in Hollis which is a record for duration, 178 min 1562′ elevation, 3:06, 14.1 mph. One bee sting on leg, one chain incident, homemade pancakes by Kenny at the end!!
Sun run: 17.68 miles total 99% running on Hollis trails (all but ~4 miles shaded) in very hot/humid weather. 12:27/miles pace in 3:40 hours. Traded off hills for distance in shade today with the heat. Furthest I’ve ever run by ~4 miles and am not crippled at all! Ran last mile in 10:43! One fly in mouth, jumped a snake, chased by one dog, one tick, two idiots in cars, two bathroom breaks at Silver Lake Park, one nice farmer who helped me when I went awary into his fields
What went well:
- Hydration and nutrition – followed plan and used new inov-8 pack
- Felt absolutely awesome on bike – not even stiff from riding/could have easily kept going
- Did run in heat and humidity and practiced running tired
- Carrying toilet paper for runs paid off
- Didn’t do a lot of downhill running and feet felt good in the Altra superiors/not technical trails
- Because right shoulder feeling better, started doing pull ups this week (crippled today)!!!! Let’s get working that upper body now
What to do different:
- Fix bike light situation/rear wasn’t charged. Need USB power strip by door to keep lights charged. Should get light for helmet
- More mobility
Checkin on body composition/looks – nowhere near six pack which is discouraging – maybe not the best lighting but here I am: