The ice cold water was refreshing – you can’t think about it, just plunge in and go under the barrier or keep swimming – someone said 44F was the temp yesterday at the Bonefrog event. After Activity Report from Spartan Spring (4 miles) and Bonefrog Challenge (6 miles):
- Did all obstacles but monkey bars, spear and rings at Spartan Race
- Felt good at the end of both and no lower back crippling – this is huge/need to keep up one legged exercises and fixing my posture
- Sandbags super easy at both events
- Was afraid of walls but went over all the spartan ones (even the terrifying one you had to go over before the beginning of the race!!) – Bonefrog ones were taller and I didn’t try with my hurt shoulder
- Did well on 3200′ hills at Bonefrog using new hill technique – like this race a ton better as there was more true racing in the woods, smaller crowd, parking near event
- Bonefrog results: 64/311 everyone, 3/10 age group (50+), 11/94 females. And I was only a few minutes off the the other age group women. Being that I am not in that great of shape yet, where do you find the tough competitors?
Could be better next time
- Brought plastic bag for gross clothes for Bonefrog!
- Washed mud out of shoes at event vs. leaving shoes on porch for a week
- Need shoes with better shoe grip – slipped going downhill at Bonefrog
- Need shoes with better lacing – had to retie during race
- Had foot cramps at end of Bonefrog – need to fuel properly during race
- Lead front shin on left leg got sore using it as a lead leg uphill – need to practice going sideways up in both directions
- Need help with high walls
- Hurt right shoulder pretty bad hanging on one arm – may avoid those forever. Saw both my PT guys and it isn’t torn but will take a little time to heal up. This was a bummer – I want to wake up sore and not hurt for one day between my shoulder and lower back!!! Working it….
- Bonefrog was 3200′ elevation and Killington is 14000′. Need to work hill endurance! Compared to the other folks, I passed a ton of folks going up but got creamed coming down. Need to work hill technique going down 🙂
- Lonely to do by myself – better with friends! I think I’ll like the Ragnar races and want to do more team events
Pics from Spartan Sprint (4 miles) below from May 11, 2019:
Bonefrog pics (6 mile Challenge race) May 18, 2019: